Saturday, January 05, 2013

Greater Passion in Worship Part 2

Exodus 20:4-6 ESV
“You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the LORD your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments.


  1. Cleanse out all desires contrary to God. "Prone to wonder, Lord, I feel it. Prone to leave the God I love." That hymn writer was very honest with God and himself about the condition and desires of our heart. Even in our pursuit to to worship we try to out think God by making assumptions as to the best or only method of worship. For years I lived in the selfish belief that there is only a specific kind of music that pleases God and certain others could not possibly please Him. I was confronted with some convicting questions as to what the bible said and did not say about music. The most convicting was the use of the term sacred and unsacred music in the bible.
    • Can you worship with fellow Christians who worship differently without being critical?
    • Can you worship without being distracted by those around you?
    • Can you change and maybe even eliminate worship methods that are unbiblical?
    • Can you change and maybe even eliminate worship methods for the benefit of other believers growth?

No comments: