Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year - A Fresh Start

Genesis 2:2 And on the seventh day God finished his work that he had done, and he rested on the seventh day from all his work that he had done.
As I tap this post out on my notebook, it is less than nine hours till our time zone celebrates the coming of 2013. It seems strange to consider 2012 in the rear view mirror, that is a reality of "ready or not here I  come". 
I am one who retrospects, introspect, and every other kind of spects. I can't help connecting this to God doing the same on the seventh day of Creation. As God introduces the concept of the Sabbath, it is somewhat ironic to call New Year's a kind of Sabbath. I look back on the successes, failures, in events and relationships of 2012 with an eye toward 2013 of how can I learn improve and grow for God's glory and other's  benefit.
The fruits of this meditation has harvested in an outline of goals in three areas. These areas I hope to focus in more specifically in the coming days or weeks in this blog and postings on facebook, and twitter.
Next Time:
Goals in 2013
1. Greater Passion in Worship
2. Greater Compassion in Fellowship
3. Greater Application in Discipleship

No comments: