Tuesday, October 12, 2004

If it does not Serve it does not Exist

Matthew 23:11 But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.

In my vocation of comsumer electronic sales, I occasionally, heard one of my co-workers say about their job "it beats being a minimum wage hamburger flipper." Now maybe because I was one (among other many occupations)I took that somewhat personally. What is it that makes one job better than any other? The money, power, environment, what? I realize maybe pre-judging here, but, I think that is a very snobbish statement.

Tell me, what would life be without garbagemen, sewer cleaners, window washers, waiters/waitresses? These jobs exist because we want our streets clean, windows clear, and a place to sitdown and have meal brought to us. If we did not want them these jobs would not be around. Here is a truth that goes beyond that. There is not a job, career, or position that exist that does not offer a product, merchandise, or service that people want and are will to be pay for it.

Whether President of the USA, or janitor of a school all jobs only exist because they serve! That dream job that you think is so prestiagious, if it does not serve someone will not last long. Just ask your average dot com failure. When it really comes down to it we are all servants not masters. So where do we get off being so stuckup about someone with a "lesser" job.
Bob Blair

PS Joy is not found in dollars nor glamour, but in find out how God has equipped you to serve and to do it


No comments: